Once David decided that he was enthusiastic about seeing Harry Potter there was no waiting until our anniversary to see it. Saturday we braved the elements (anything outside is an element) and went to the local theater. This would be our first Moab theater experience. We chose Saturday for a myriad of reasons, but mostly based on price. There are no matinees on weekdays only 7:00 and 9:00 showings. We soon learned that this was not the only downfall of the Slickrock Cinemas 3.
Tickets were purchased and ended up being half of one of those tickets you get at a carnival for rides or something. Very high tech. *note sarcasm* Upon walking into the theater I saw the judge. I work with the judge with our Juvenile Compliance Court. It was odd to see her in public without her robe. Niceties were exchanged and we turned right to enter the theater. The lobby was about the size of our living room.
I chose a seat and we were seated. We arrived a little early because we didn't know what the crowd would be at the first matinee. The sound system made both of us dizzy and close to throwing up. Not kidding. The movie hadn't even started!
The judge asked me today how I liked the movie. I told her I wouldn't be going back. I explained the heat, sound system, uncomfortableness of the chairs, etc. She explained that this was a great theater and all the other Moabites voiced their praise. I vowed (to a judge) to never see another movie there again. It reminded me of the dollar theater in Birmingham, but at least I only have to pay a DOLLAR for it, not six! I would have been really upset if we had gone to the $9 one!
To be honest, within minutes of the movie starting, David and I were ready to leave. We stayed for the sake of seeing Harry Potter, but I remember so little of the movie in regard to detail. IMDB says the last book is being split into two movies. We have now decided to make strategically planned trips up north or to Grand Junction whenever those movies have been released if we don't just wait for the DVD.
I really should work to see the silver lining in this town, but there is something almost every day that persuades me otherwise. All the people here that are convinced I will not stay "only five years" really have no idea what a "spoiled" (according to the judge) city girl I really am.
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









No comments:
Post a Comment