Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Change of Heart

It is no secret that I like movies. I blame it on Nanny. :) When I met David, the fact that he didn't like movies was almost a dealbreaker. That's how serious I was about movies. I had planned out in my head all the family movie marathons that would happen on a monthly/quarterly basis and the idea of giving up that dream just wasn't an option. Since we met, his preference has changed somewhat and he is the one initiating watching a movie while we eat dinner. Yes, the nutritionists caution against it, but it's just something that has become a habit.

I don't own any of the Harry Potter movies. The past few months I have been wanting to see them all again. Last week we went and rented all five of them and watched one a night. I reminded David that the next one comes out this weekend and he responded less enthusiastically than I had hoped. Something to the effect of "I just watched all of them with you and I am tired of Harry Potter now." Sad day! He went on to talk about how he only liked the third and fourth one and it couldn't get any better, blah blah blah.

I'm pretty sure this conversation happened on Monday or Tuesday this week. Today, when I came home from lunch he said that he watched the trailer for Harry Potter and now he's excited about it and it looks "better than the rest".

We have yet to watch a movie in our dinky local 3 screen theater, but this may be the movie that breaks that pattern. Unfortunately, they only have showings at or around 7 and 9. No matinees, no Saturday afternoons, nothing. I don't even know that they are going to have Harry Potter here! Maybe it'll mark our first trip to Grand Junction instead. Either this weekend or anniversary weekend we'll see it, so don't try and spoil it for me. :)

No comments: