Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pressure

I'm very content with my laid-back lifestyle here. Yes, I have to leave the house to wash clothes, but the grocery store, work, doctor, pretty much everything is within walking distance. I can't complain about that convenience. I generally spend the day at work which really isn't bloggable for confidentiality (and boredom) reasons. Then I go home and hang out with David. No need to extend outside the apartment for the most part.

We get "The Advertiser" which is a free paper printed weekly that lists ads people place. It was through this marvelous paper that David was able to sell some music equipment in two weeks! It lists things for sale, things wanted, personal ads, rentals, home purchases, community events, volunteer opportunities, employment opportunities, and pretty much anything you can think of. At times I'll see an event that peaks my interest "ooh Farm Day at the Farmer's Market" or something.

In any case, I feel little pressure to actually attend these things, but they appear interesting enough. This week, since I'm back to walking to work, I passed one of the three phone booths in town and there is a flyer posted on it. Yesterday I found myself attempting to talk myself into attending the advertised "Circus" for the mere fact that I might remember to take pictures and this might present the illusion that I do something outside of my work/home/church bubble to my vast throng of blog fans out there.

Please tell me the rest of you have felt this blogging pressure at some point or another. Oh, I should do something crafty...so I can put it on the blog! I should take pictures of my kids' artwork...so I can put it on the blog. I should learn how to operate a high powered drill...so I can put it on my blog. I do nothing. I think. I do a lot of that, but hardly noteworthy stuff and it's usually rambling stuff.

I'm sure there will soon be a day when I will miss the laid-back life of Moab where all I did was hang out with my family. I'm just enjoying the simple things for now and not out to look for "complicated" Circuses or Farmer's Markets. My story will change soon when baby comes (35 weeks today!) and life revolves around more than just one someone else. Until then, expect boring pictureless blogs posted while I'm at work waiting for clients to not show up. :)

No comments: