I'm going to whine a little bit today. I'm feeling a little like a slacker because of all the things I'm supposed to be doing that I seem to miss one (or more) of them a day. I'm sure that Henley will be completely worth it, but adding to my list of things to do is discouraging when I know that it means I'm going to forget something. Aside from my work requirements which means I'm supposed to have 25 hours a week of direct service hours (time with clients) which just doesn't happen in the Summer apparently. So, this is what I am "supposed" to do every day and I just won't tell you which ones fall to the wayside.
Check blood. Before I eat and two hours after I eat, every meal. This is fun because often the two hour mark falls while I'm in the middle of an appointment/meeting with a client and can't just pull out the lancet in the middle of the session and poke myself.
Medicine. Oh fun. Morning meds without food. Morning meds with food. Meds five hours after that. Meds at lunch Meds at dinner. Meds at bedtime.
Temperature. Six hours after I'm awake (usually at 12:30 on my lunch break) but you can't take your temperature within 20 minutes of eating, drinking or exercise. So, I have to go home for lunch, but not walk home, not walk up the stairs, not eat and not drink in the short while I have before I have to go back to work.
Pulse. At some point I'm supposed to do a resting pulse. I'm not sure that I ever rest long enough for that.
Hospital. Twice a week is a non-stress test. Once a week is a biophysical profile. This takes a good 30-60 minutes out of the middle of my day at work and cannot be missed.
Doctor. Every other week. Thanks to David I think they've finally listened and moved them to after work. Soon it will be weekly. Yay.
Water. Drink 4 liters a day.
Also, I have fun vitamin supplements I'm supposed to take (aside from the prenatals) which don't make the rest of life any more fun.
Now if I forget one (or more) of these things in any given day I get a little more anxious about how that will affect the rest of...everything. I know that today it's just something that is getting to me and it will pass and it's not really that much to ask if I have reminders set and timers and all that, but it can be overwhelming. Top it off with the fact that almost every time I go to the doctor something else gets added to the list. No wonder my pulse is so high when I'm at the doctor. :P
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









1 comment:
"A little bit"? :-)
Post a Comment