Monday, July 13, 2009

:)

Well, today marks the day that begins all of the markers for David and I. It was July 12th that we went on the 5K Walk with my friends Julie and Luke and I told him that we were for sure waiting until April. On the 11th we had gone over to Mary and Brent's for dinner and a movie and they put the little bug in our ear about long distance and not waiting, etc. It was discussed, but Saturday morning I told him for sure, probably about 2.5K in that I wasn't going to bend.

Famous last words. I didn't sleep at all that night. By 2:00 in the morning my mind had changed through a lot of prayer and craziness. At 5:00 I woke David and asked him to come to Birmingham with me so he could actually meet some of the people that he would very soon call family. He was as surprised as I was. I still remember watching David tell one of the missionaries while they were sitting on the stand at church. He didn't stick to the whole "we're telling family first" thing for very long. It took almost all day to track down my mom because she was visiting teaching, so I didn't get most of my siblings until the next day!

What followed was the fastest, yet slowest, twelve days of my life. Two years ago, this time, I never would have guessed this is where I would be. Married, due in six weeks, in Moab, Utah! I promise we weren't crazy, at least not more than the rest of the world. :)

1 comment:

Cameron and Cindy said...

We are so excited for you! It won't be long now!!