My life is a life of routines and predictability. A normal workday rarely has something shocking for the most part, but has it's gifts and surprises. Yesterday was a day such as this. I had an appointment at DCFS (Department of Child & Family Services) at 10:00 and nothing until 1:00. While my 10:00 was wrapping up, I learned there was an 11:00 meeting there for another client so I got to stick around and get another hour of direct service. Gift.
I went straight home for lunch. Mail usually comes while I'm at lunch so I check our little slot on the way out but leave it there. Nothing wonderful, mostly junk. Back to work where I learned that I was the clinicial "in charge" for the afternoon. This means that if there is an emergency you have to deal with it. A few calls from the Sherriff's office threatened the cancellation of my group. Surprise.
Group started, but ended up being just myself and another kid. We were really getting somewhere and I felt like this was going to be an hour and fifteen minutes well spent. Gift.
The receptionist came upstairs with a new emergency so I had to end group after just 25 minutes. Surprise.
After work I returned home to see something extra in our mailbox. David received his Patriarchal Blessing on March 29th and it just arrived in the mail yesterday. It was so great to remember the things in the blessing and find new things as well. Gift/Surprise.
Doctor. Usually super stressful for so many reasons. For whatever reason everyone was just relaxed and laughing and having fun. Not too many changes with medications and doc was much less "serious" this time. Gift.
This morning I went out to the car to go to work. I've been driving ever since I was told me amniotic fluid was low. I feel lazy, but trying to "take it easy" as much as possible. In any case, the car had some less than appropriate things written/drawn on it in the dirt. Surprise.
I called David and he quickly threw on some shoes so he could go wash the car. Gift.
I think these gifts are all over the place and maybe sometimes I just don't see them. I'm glad for seeing them in yesterday. :)
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









No comments:
Post a Comment