Thursday, November 4, 2010

Success!!

For those of you who haven't heard...I passed my NCE!! Woot!!

Tomorrow I take the NCMHCE which has produced more anxiety than the NCE (if that is possible) and I fully expect to have to say that I didn't pass, but I'm still optimistic.

Basically, there were three tests required for Utah Counseling Licensure. I took the first in the Spring (only to find out that they recently changed the requirements and I don't need to have it anymore). The NCE today and the final test tomorrow. I can send in my application to be a Licensed Professional Counselor as soon as I pass the last test.

What this means for the Longs:
1) I will be eligible for NHSC Loan Repayment program where they pay me $25,000 a year to pay off my student loans. Totally excited about getting out of debt.
2) I get an automatic pay raise, always good news to me. :)
3) I no longer have to have someone sign my assessments at work. That means, if I sign it, it's locked. (I'm still not sure that I am excited about this one.)
4) I can begin looking into transferring my license to another state, if we so choose.

Here's to hoping I don't choke tomorrow. :) Thanks for all your support!

1 comment:

hanneyjo said...

woot! woot! I didn't know all this awesome stuff would happen just for passing a test! sweet!