Me: Hello?
Assistant: (stammering) I'm looking for Henley
M: This is her mother...she can't talk.
A: Oh, I was calling to remind of her well child appointment tomorrow at 5:00...
M: Okay thanks
Yes, the assistant at the doctor's office asked for a 15 month old. Of course, I corrected her and told her that Henley was NOT well, so it was good that she called.
Here are her 15 month stats:
32.75 inches (they had to remeasure because the nurse we don't like accidentally added 1/2 inch because...well...she does that kind of stuff)
26 pounds 12.5 ounces
19" skull (fyi: at the 12 month visit same nurse -notice a pattern here- measured so wrong that they thought something was wrong and had to remeasure)
Ear infection in right ear.
Pink eye.
In spite of being sick, she is fantastic. It looks like she'll be tall like mom. I'm not sure that is a good or not so good thing. This week she has realized her height and is pulling down things I didn't think she would reach until she was aware enough to know what "no" means. She is mostly scared by things falling when she is successful.
The cutest thing was that when we got home from the doctor, I put her down to walk down our hallway after getting in the door. It was already dark and I flipped the light. She looked around, squealed and ran to her frog. She loves the frog and memories of frog #1 are long gone. We should stock up on replacements because sooner or later, his eyes will fall off.
Other cute Henley stories from this week. She has learned how to turn the TV off and on. Most days I take this as a sign that she believes I am done and wants to play. Yesterday, I'll admit, being sick (both of us) I was less than accommodating at first. I keep the remote and the wireless mouse on the back of the couch to prevent other interruptions. Yesterday she became adept at climbing up on the couch unassisted, so I had to get smarter. I hid them both. When she turns off the TV, I turn it back on with the remote. So, she walks over to the TV, looks at me to make sure I know what is about to happen, and turns it off. I go to retrieve the remote from its hiding place and she watches, like a hawk. Then she moved in for the kill. It appeared as though she turned off the TV only to force me to reveal my hiding place! She is so smart.
Another smart thing, and then I'm done, honest. The past few weeks I'll say "where's the frog?" Not necessarily because I am the On*Star for the frog, but more to know that she comprehended and could follow through by going to get the frog from wherever it is. I started to convince myself that she knew the frog because we talk about him a lot (I'm supposing it is a him, we've never checked). I decided to test her other knowledge skills. I made a cheese quesadilla and she had dropped her slice on the floor. I said "where's the quesadilla?" and after some puzzlement she walked over and picked it up! So far this has been successful also with the bottle. Not with crackers, yet. I think the funniest part is that I was saying it this weekend while we were in Provo and David would be like "the frog is right there" and point. I think after about five times he realized that it wasn't about ME needing to know where the frog was, but that SHE knows that the frog-object and the frog-word were connected. She is so much fun!!









2 comments:
Henley is so dang smart! DEFINITELY her mother's daughter! (and father's too...of course :)) I love you all!
Can you believe how fast it goes? She sounds like a doll, a really smart one too!
Post a Comment