We are required to buy books for a "Parenting Library" to fulfill one of our contracts. Last year I made a list and we ordered about 30 books. The time was coming upon us again and I perused my "Books I Want" wishlist to see what I could find that was relevant to the Parenting category. This works out sometimes because then I can read a book and decide whether I do or don't really want it for my future library before actually paying for it. :)
I did notice that I have 199 books on my list. I think I should mention that I have a full bookshelf at work of my own books as well as a full bookshelf at home with almost all my books (I think I was generous and gave David a shelf). The great thing about Amazon is that some of the books can be bought for ten cents! Shipping is usually about $4 as a flat rate, but still. A few months ago I thought about buying myself a book a month (at $4.10 who can resist) but then remembered that I have at least four books at home that have been started but not finished. I suppose I know what I will be doing in the next couple of days.
The next issue then comes up...where to put these books that I decide that I want. Even if I DID buy a bookshelf, there wouldn't be a place to put it in our place anyway. Oh the joys of a small apartment. I suppose I say all this just to explain that when we one day build our house, it isn't really insane to plan to have a room with built-in shelves from floor to ceiling on every wall because I will use it.
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









2 comments:
Don't you mean "bookcase?" :)
Yes, of course.
Post a Comment