Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Monday

This is the short of it. Because of my role in the community, I spent a few hours at the elementary school this morning meeting with children that knew the boy or felt impacted by his death. There are rumors flying all around town. Unfortunately, one of the boys that was with the boy is a client of mine and the worst rumors are about him. It would be an understatement to say that this has been a hard day (and weekend) for the entire community.

I got the call Saturday afternoon. My boss wanted me to be at the school at 7:15, but daycare doesn't open until around 7:30, so I was a little late. Just thinking about all this the past few days has put a bit of a damper on things around here, but things will get better.

I am counting the minutes until I can go home and snuggle with the princess and have this day behind us both. I can't imagine what the family is going through at this time, my thoughts and prayers go out to them all.

I think the most interesting part is talking with these children regarding what they feel happens after death. Some have no concept at all of what might happen and others are very specific (although, a little out there) of what they believe will happen next. It just renews my testimony of my belief of what comes next.

2 comments:

NanaBell said...

How very sad!

hanneyjo said...

wow. something like that happened in my little community back home. a 5 year old got ran over. My cousin is the one that hit her. It was terrible. I feel for the family. I've seen the heartbreak it causes for both sides. :(