Monday, November 22, 2010

Misquoted?

I feel that much of my life has lived by a seriously misquoted scripture. There is a scripture somewhere in Corinthians (I'm far too lazy to look it up) that mentions that the Lord will not tempt us more than we can resist. I think many generalize it to say that He will not give us anything we cannot handle. I struggle to know if these are the same or different things. For example:

Utah State Hospital (enough said)
Driving to Provo more often than I would like
Potential food poisoning of me (still feeling nasty)
Henley the mucus queen
Kid in town getting killed by a truck
Ward member getting shot this weekend (father of three, last I heard in critical condition)
Feeling like I'm going to be sick for another year (have I mentioned that I hate being sick)
Needing to wash dishes before they grow legs and walk away (ditto for laundry and the living room and unpacking)
Getting snowed in and having to not sleep in my own bed, again.
Did I mention that I feel like I'm going to vomit?
Sleep deprivation (did I mention BOTH H & I are sick?!)
Emotional Roller-coaster
Wishing I could take a sick day, but knowing that I use them all as soon as I get them right now.

I'm sure I can handle it, but really, I would love a break right now. Please little Shoemaker's Elves, clean my apartment while I'm sleeping AND cure Henley and I (don't forget the laundry and grocery shopping). It would make me much more thankful this week.