Thursday, May 6, 2010

An Unexpected Gift

Dear Sinus Infection,

While I am glad to see you on your slow exit from my life, I will miss you. Thank you for the extra time with my family. Thank you for my chapped nose and lips. I now better appreciate my own flaws in these features. It could be worse. Thank you for letting me get to change Henley's 9:00 am poopy diapers. Thank you for oddly encouraging me to clean out my sink and scrub it clean at my most sick levels at 11:00 at night. I suppose feeling gross inside made me want to clean up outside. Thank you for giving me a glimpse of what being a stay-at-home mom would be like. Thank you for providing opportunities to snuggle with Henley and spend extra time in the bed with my family and not having to rush off to work. Thank you for the looks from Henley when she was up to something. Thank you for letting me be there when Henley decided she was ready to stand with no support. Thank you for a husband that will take care of me and let me overdose on hulu.com all day without criticism. Thank you for giving me a break so I didn't dread going to work the first day I returned. And most of all...thank you for leaving.

Sincerely,

Holly

1 comment:

Mere said...

Too funny! I am glad you are feeling a little better!