Wednesday, May 26, 2010

1/2 Cup

In my family, a serving of ice cream has never been the suggested serving size on the box. Ever. Usually a classic half-gallon of ice cream is fortunate to get four "servings" out of it.

Yesterday I tried an experiment. I ate the suggested serving size and you'll never guess what happened.

1) I didn't feel junked out.
2) I still felt like I had eaten something tasty (Peanut Butter Passion, yummy!).

Had I known, so many years ago, how great moderation felt...I may have been doing it a long time ago. It's just a shame that I don't have any 1/2 cup sized bowls to remind myself.

I do have small ramekins that are actually smaller than the serving size. Those will work just fine. Now, when I feel like I want a "little more" it doesn't end up being the other half of the carton. Yikes!

3 comments:

NanaBell said...

Sorry about that..it was the same in my family of origin as well.

Bartholomew said...

Reading this post totally made me think of this video. It's all funny, but go to 1:45 for the part about ice cream.

Holly Long said...

Charles...HILARIOUS!! For the record, the 1/2 cup thing totally didn't last.