I'm a planner for the most part. Usually when it is something important. There are some things that get procrastinated in life...dishes...laundry...grocery shopping...etc. When it comes to events, I plan. I like to know ahead of time, get excited, make appropriate preparations, you know the drill.
This morning, I'm on the way to the hospital for my usual Non-Stress Test (NST) with David (because after last week, he's not letting me go alone) and I get a call from work. It apparently suddenly occurred to them that I'll likely have a baby within a matter of weeks and they should "do something". I'm okay with that. I was okay with it when they talked about doing it in June, but figured it wasn't going to happen and I said nothing further about it.
With work, things are interesting. Everyone is invited to eat out at lunch together for birthdays, going aways, and apparently baby showers. I have attended one of these functions once. I brought David along because 1) he's my husband and 2) I really enjoy having that hour with my husband in the middle of the day. It makes the rest of the day bearable. In any case, the last time I went just so happened to be the worst possible day I could have gone.
Why? You ask. Oh it might have something to do with the fact that the kid that I did my very first assessment on when I started working here (who had already stopped coming months previous) took a baseball bat to the head of another kid and nearly killed him the night before. Guess what the topic of conversation was? Hmmm, you got it, this kid and all that jazz. Of course, I was feeling terrible because maybe there was something I could have done/seen to prevent this. It was not a good day.
Wednesday we return to the scene of this terrible lunch. I cannot ignore or reject the invitation since it is for me. To top it off, and I may have mentioned this before, almost every restaurant in Moab stinks, so I'm having to really look for something that I would be willing to eat at Fiesta Mexicana. We went there with Matt & Jade (my brother and sister-in-law) when they visited and Jade wouldn't tell us what kind of meat it was in our "beef" meals. I'm still a little scared of it now. In any case, lunch out with the co-workers will be fun, but I'm pretty sure David is staying home this time and I don't really blame him.
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









No comments:
Post a Comment