Last week the nurses successfully convinced me that my doctor would be on the edge of his seat to induce me next week due to my Gestational Diabetes. While I'm quickly realizing that we're far from prepared (no diapers, wipes, or bottles in our apartment...yet), I was also getting excited at the prospect of meeting Henley a week or so earlier than I was expecting. I began not scheduling second appointments two weeks out and giving my clients the "we'll play it by ear" kind of line. A line I'm learning that I hate to give to clients.
After meeting with the doctor last night and asking him pretty much every question in regard to various scenarios of why he would induce, how long he would let me go (50 weeks, he jests), what factors would contribute to his choosing to induce me, etc. I feel again reassured that I really have no clue at all, haha. I'm back to planning for days, hopefully not weeks, late. I no longer expect an August baby and will begin calling clients to schedule and fill my schedule as best I can until Henley decides that she's good and ready to meet us.
There is still much to do and not much time to do it, or more time than I thought. At least I can get a little more "prepared" in the next few days/weeks. I think she should stay in for a little longer just so she can grow to have the notorious mane I had upon birth and that little point on the end of David's nose defined on hers. :)
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









No comments:
Post a Comment