Monday, August 31, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity-Jig

It is so nice to be home! Friday we woke up and went to our doctor's appointment. He sent us to the hospital to get the bilirubin checked and within the hour we were back at the hospital. It was not fun. People poking poor Henley in the foot every 12 hours and seemingly happy at her tearful protests left me less than happy with some of the staff. This, of course, led to David coming back down to the hospital to defend his daughter and make sure they weren't mean to her (or me) anymore. From that point on I made sure they knew that I would hold her when they checked her bilirubin again. Today the doctor sent us home and we were so happy to be home and back in our comfort zone. Henley slept much of the day as did I. David was great to check diapers, etc. so I could get some much-needed rest after not really sleeping well in the hospital.

About half an hour after we got home, the box from the shower arrived. We feel so blessed to have such great friends and family! I can't wait to get it all organized and feel like home. The house is a mess since we had to leave rather quickly. I'm afraid it won't be up to par when mom comes on Saturday, but we'll do what we can. I only have about two weeks left until I have to go back to work. Not thrilled.

I know you guys are really just waiting for the pictures, so I'll post some, only because she's cute. :)

After we gave her the first bath, her hair on top went all curly! This is the best shot I could get, but it mostly all lays flat when it's dirty.
Ah, fond memories of the bili light. Yuck! Let's hope that's over!
That's our super-mole! She hated that mask and became quite adept and removing it over our stay in the hospital.
David loves her little flip at her neck and wanted to capture it. You can also see her one lock of hair on top that likes to flip up as well.
After she fell asleep on me today eating. She really is a precious girl. We love her so much!

4 comments:

Mere said...

Yay! I love her she's adorable!

Charity said...

She looks like she's part of the family! So precious!

Elizabeth Moon said...

SO SO sweet!
Ah, jaundice. I feel your pain.

hanneyjo said...

I hated the part where they have to stick your baby over and over, and you just have to sit there and watch... or sometimes, hold them. It's hard. Lauren apparently has tiny veins. It was torture watching them try to stick her. I had to leave.

I'm glad she's doing so much better. And you, too! I know I've already said it, but she is so stinkin' cute. :)