Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Slow Motion For Me

I went to see Ashley at the hospital with her little boy sweating, writhing and looking sweet as ever. While there, I was taken back to another slow motion day with another little boy that wasn't moving at all. I started thinking about all my slow motion days in my life when I realized that they were all "bad" days. Why don't the good days go in slow motion? Why don't the days where you spend the day at the park and have fun together and have the greatest memories ever go in slow motion?

There are people that I meet with that insist all things are bad in their life. I am beginning to think that people perceive that because the days they remember the best are the slow motion days. The great things that happen are only in slow motion and emblazoned on our memories if we are intentional about it.

The scriptures talk about Satan wanting us to be "miserable like himself" and I promise that a great way to do that is to make our bad days automatically be slow motion days. You know, the kind where at any moment in time you can recall the exact thing that was happening and how you felt and go right back there without very much effort. It seems like anything that takes work is something that falls to the wayside unless we are conscious about our actions.

I was talking with a coworker about Henley's sleep schedule and she was astounded that she was on such a solid routine with her sleep. To me, it is something that makes life easier, it is important, so it happens. If we want good slow motion days...we have to make it a priority.

No comments: