Mondays have turned into torture around here. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it, but there have been some changes here at work. The boss that was the boss had passed the baton to another staff and he was the new boss. The new boss moved to New Zealand, yes, you heard correctly, at the beginning of November.
The great thing about the new old boss was that he believed in efficiency and speedy staff meetings. Some Mondays we would only use 30 minutes of staffing. We had a shared goal to spend as little time as necessary in a meeting. It was a heavenly experience on a weekly basis.
Now, we're back to the old boss. He insists on spending the entire two hours set aside for staffing cases and other...novelty items. Today I fell asleep. Not kidding. He was talking with a new employee about logistics that I have long mastered and I caught myself in my mind worrying that I had been snoring so I woke, a little self-consciously scanning my peers seeking confirmation of my snoring fears. None was found.
I really do enjoy my job most days. I prefer it over most other jobs I've had and am happy to participate in necessary conversations about improvement, client health, etc. It is the several minutes in between the questions that it takes to put the information into the computer that I despise. Maybe the long weekend really spoiled me. Let's hope this next weekend sends me back excited about staffing.
I'm not holding my breath.
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









No comments:
Post a Comment