Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Liftoff!

I was reviewing the year, as I tend to do at the end of another year, and was trying to pinpoint the 10 most memorable dates of the year. Unfortunately, all the goodness stayed away until June! Next year, we'll have to do better in those cold winter months. So, here's the breakdown, in chronological order, not order of significance.

June 11, 2010 to June 25, 2010: David, Henley & I drive cross country to visit family. We spent a few days with David's family at an awesome timeshare in the Arkansas "mountains" and had fun swimming, playing and just hanging out. I got to see my Harding friends and professors and roam around Searcy before we headed down to Alabama. Lancelot joined our family as Olive was passed on to another generation. Henley got pink eye and I was sick the whole way home. Spending time in Birmingham and Madison to see my family and friends before we took the long drive back to Moab. Moab never looked so good!

July 4, 2010: Henley, in an unprecedented surprise, stood up and took four steps, on her own in the middle of church! Now the only tricky part is getting her to sit still.

August 3, 2010: Took David to Provo.

August 6-9, 2010: Julie comes for a visit! Yay! Mostly just for moral support. She tells me that she is "not trying not to get pregnant" and a couple weeks later tells me the good news. Soon we'll welcome Baby Girl Irvine! Yay!

August 23, 2010: Henley turns ONE!! She is so big and beautiful! The light of my life, really.

September 4-7, 2010: Dad comes to visit for my birthday! We had a fantastic time trouncing around Provo.

October 27, 2010: Meeting with the principal at the high school to begin integrating treatment at the schools!

November 4, 2010: Passed the National Counseling Exam after much, much, much studying.

November 5, 2010: Failed the NCMHCE exam by 9 points after little studying. :( (Oh yeah, sometime in March I took the professional ethics exam and passed that too.)

December 16, 2010: David is home! Yay!

No comments: