Man, I'm a slacker. Sorry. We finally got the pictures from our adventures loaded onto the computer, but when I'm home it's so nice to "be home" I don't want to do much else!
I was presented with a reality today and I'm at a complete loss. My family has their "Christmas Traditions", but David's consisted of "opening all our presents the day Christmas break started so we could play with them longer" (usually a video game or two). While I respect his traditions, it just doesn't seem to feel Christmasy to do that. We got our present from his parents two weeks ago. It isn't wrapped, it's already out and being used. I enjoy it, but I can't help but think of how much fun it would have been to wrap it under our tiny tree and really anticipate getting to open it and use it.
The thing is, neither one of us really "need" anything (aside from a couch) so we are almost to the point of saying "let's just not spend any money and save for a couch", but that doesn't seem right either.
There are some of my family traditions I'd like to keep, but I'm looking for new ones too. It has now fallen upon me to create the feeling of Christmas in my home and I am at a loss. I lost all my Christmas music (with one CD exception) when my computer crashed. My tree is a three-foot fake with the majority of the ornaments being in the pig variety (I collect pigs). While David would be fine with any of that, it seems more "me" than "us" so now I'm hunting down ideas for "our" traditions.
I've got some ideas, but I'm open to many more suggestions. Please, help! It's the 1st and I feel like I'm already behind!
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









2 comments:
POST some pics of you and your husband!!!!! We love you Holly. Come visit PA!
i think im going to link you or at least save ur link to my favorite(:
nice blog :]
Post a Comment