




Today I spent the majority of the day sewing. I opted to make David and my stockings. Trying to be a gracious wife I told him he could pick any fabric that he wanted for his stocking. The dialogue follows:
David: *picking up blue white and brown fleece with deer and mountains on it*
Holly: Really?
David: One day when we have kids and I'm old I want the kids to ask why I have such a weird stocking. Then I'll say "because your mom said I could pick anything".
Holly: *kicks herself for trying to be gracious*
As a compromise I told him I'd make two of each and we could alternate years (we had plenty of fabric). Fortunately, after finishing his stocking and starting on "mine" he realized how much prettier "mine" was and then said he might consider using the pretty ones every year instead. :) I win! So, here are the stockings. His first, then "mine". They're reversible and weren't too hard to make.










5 comments:
Those are SO cute! I love the fabric, is that swirls on them? Good job Holly!
Yep! The red fabric has swirls with gold dots and the green one has red dots. :) Thanks!
Cool! You've got some skills!
Ooops! I forgot to comment about David's pictures. Was that a wolf with his hiking companion?
It's just a dog, but most of them around here probably look like wolves. At least the ones with the Moabites (not the tourists).
Post a Comment