Thursday, July 28, 2011

Arizona Vacation!!

Back from Arizona and we had tons of fun! Okay, maybe the kids didn't think it was fun, but just the trip there was an adventure that included getting stuck in a "Runaway Truck" place on the side of the road for a good two hours. It was great to see Charles, Ashley, Charlie, Ryan, Josh and Cody and for Charles and David to FINALLY meet and Henley to meet them all. It was nice to get to lay around and talk, go to the wave pool, watch kids play the Wii and just be a family for a few days. Oh, and to totally take a break from the Yeast Diet. *woot* (To be honest, I'm not quite back on it yet.)


I think David took more pictures in the car than during the trip. I posted them all on Facebook and don't have them here at work, so I'll have to add pictures later. Charles and family also watched Henley so David and I could go on a date! We continue to struggle to be creative (especially with low energy) but it was a nice break.

Henley seemed to LOVE spending time with her cousins (and Dixie, the dog) as well as the cousins spending time with Henley. I promise I could not turn around without one of the boys asking Henley for a hug. By the end of the trip, she might have been a little hugged out!

Along with our time there, Henley hit her 23 month milestone and David and I had our THIRD anniversary!! I'm sure there were a couple of skeptics (on my side at least) based upon the length of our engagement and courtship, but we're still holding strong. Some days, just out of stubbornness I think. We both continue to grow on a daily basis and learn more about each other which makes life fun and exciting. :) One of the best, seemingly impulsive, decisions I've ever made!!!

We are so glad to have such great family closer than we realized and to get to relax a little with them. It truly was a vacation!

1 comment:

Julie said...

yeah! glad the trip was good!