Tuesday, March 1, 2011

We Love Her!




In the hotel room (while the landlord was fixing our mold problem) Henley decided she would try her hand at playing my DSi. She looks comfy!
Again relaxing on the big bed. :)

Last week was Henley's 18 month checkup. Aside from the double ear infection, she is in tip top shape. She is 34 1/4" and 28.4 pounds. Her personality is coming out so often, but we realize as we look at old videos of her, it was always there. A few things:


~Sunday she was walking around trying to feed her frog her bottle.

~Generally anytime there is music, she is bobbing her head or dancing around on her tippy toes.

~Most recently, when she hears music she will "sing along". Very cute!

~When I pick her up from daycare, she goes and gets her diaper bag without prompt. Yesterday, she also went to grab something out of the toybox...one of her mittens ended up there through the day so she grabbed her bag and the mitten and greeted us at the door.

~ She loves, loves, loves a bath and as of this morning, knows how to turn the water off.

~ She loves technology, but not as much as you, you see. While staying in the hotel she managed to open a game on my DS and start playing it haphazardly and every remote is a telephone.

~ She is very helpful when it comes to cleaning. She knows the routines and will help by putting blocks in their box (say that ten times fast) and throw away anything that looks like it should be in the trash.

~She is able to wipe her own nose and will seek out tissues to wipe her nose with.

~This morning I commented to her at how precious she is and then corrected myself adding beautiful as well. At that point she looked at me and nodded as though she was in full agreement that she is both precious and beautiful. I hope that confidence sticks come 7th grade.

~She is the best snuggler in the world.

~She loves to laugh and will laugh just because other people are laughing.

~Sunday at church, the intermediate hymn ended and...she clapped for everyone. :)

4 comments:

hanneyjo said...

ha! I like that picture of her with the dsi. so cute! she looks really intent.

Mere said...

I miss that girl! And you and David, of course! I love you all! She is most definitely precious and beautiful!

NanaBell said...

Thanks for the update. I wish you were all closer so we could see her antics in person!

Charity said...

I love that first picture of her. She looks so grownup already! Where is the time going?!