Wednesday, March 23, 2011

One Step Closer

Yesterday was a big day for the Long family. It was the day I (finally) mailed off my application for licensure! *woot* In a perfect world they will process it in 24 hours and we'll get an $800/month raise. We know neither of these to be true, but we can all dream. I have been assured that a (unidentified amount) raise will be part of full licensure, but I'll believe it when I see it.

After dropping it at the post office, I found myself in quite the anxious state. I wasn't really expecting that response to such a milestone. I have a few theories about why this was such a tough thing. 1) If I screw up, it is no longer my supervisor's fault (indirectly). It is all me. *yikes* 2) I like to have continuous goals to work toward and with this one off my list...the next one seems so far away! 3) I am my own captain. This can be a relief in many ways, but it also means that I am the lone one responsible for my "underlings". I have to be a boss and that is good but hard at the same time.

An interesting indication that I'm certainly moving up in the world or maybe better stated, that my life is indeed progressing is that I am due to present to a group of mentors for our school district. From what I understand...this is a group of 100 people. This is overwhelming in many ways, partially because it's 100 people and the other part being that I see this as directly from my Patriarchal Blessing where it speaks to my role in instructing others in the community and am promised that I will have the knowledge to instruct them and provide the guidance and instruction they seek.

Having this promise makes it easier to agree to such terrifying things as having 100 people around town saying that I told them such and such. I know that Heavenly Father would not have promised this to me if He did not intend to direct me as to what to say and how to respond to the people who are seeking knowledge and instruction. It is quite a blessing.

3 comments:

NanaBell said...

Cool! Thanks for sharing, Holly. You ARE a shining example.

Charity said...

You will do a great job! You are a great teacher! Good luck and congratulations on your milestone!

Cat said...

Way to go, Holly! :)