Two weeks ago, I witnessed a coworker participate in unethical behavior. Through a series of events and plenty of justifications as to why I did not see my supervisor, we never met and talked about it. I have spent several days problem solving with David's support as to what should happen and what steps I should take. Yesterday, armed with new information, I reported my colleage to the licensure board.
There are a series of reasons why people may think I chose to do it, but the reason is that I am legally bound, through my licensure, to report unethical practices that I know of. This has created quite the stress over here in Long land, but today I finally talked with my supervisor and felt some support for my decision.
There are times when there are hard choices that we have to make. Hard things we have to say that will make life awkward and uncomfortable and maybe a little shaky at times, but the level of stress that is released when the elephant in the room is identified is great!
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









No comments:
Post a Comment