Thursday, October 28, 2010

Do You Hear What I Hear?

The lips are chapping. The windshields are frosting over. The leaves are changing and falling. Which brings my mind to thoughts of...Christmas letters. If you aren't thinking of them yet...maybe you should be.

In any case, I've been somewhat sporadic in my letter-sending. I think 2006, 2008 and 2009 all got them. 2010 is still up for debate. Considering everything that has happened in the latter end of the year, I don't think advertising that would be fair to anyone. Maybe I'll just take a ton of Henley snapshots until I settle on one to print and send to the world with an easy holiday greeting.

Maybe next year we will get back on track. Maybe I'll start doing e-Christmas letters (because we all know that I have more e-mail addresses than ACTUAL addresses). People move too much!

Some of you might think it a bit premature for me to be thinking of Christmas cards, but about four times today, I have already wished away November by Thursdays. Next Thursday=NCE (National Counseling Exam, *yikes*) then the next week our office is closed for Veteran's Day (Thank you!) THEN the next week, our Children's psychiatrist comes to town which means it is basically a free work day where I get to soak up the knowledge of an amazing woman for 1 1/2 days while getting paid. The next week is Thanksgiving. Yes, my Thursdays are wished away. I only noticed because I finally got permission from the high school to go to the school one day a week to do therapy with my kids. Guess which day we agreed upon? You got it! Thursday! I won't be starting until after Thanksgiving, apparently. This is why I'm already thinking about it because November is already gone in my head.

Also, thinking of anything BUT taking my boards next week is a great anxiety reducer. I am SO ready for next week to be over.

1 comment:

Cameron and Cindy said...

Yea for Christmas Cards! LOVE THEM! Love you!