I have been a reader for years. I remember days when I would just sit and read and invest very little time in anything else. Books for fun, pleasure, learning, anything. The older I became, the fewer novels I read and the more educational/self-help books I read. Not because I'm totally screwed up (and not because I'm NOT screwed up) but being a psychology major and being interested in those things...it helps to know what is out there and to have options to refer to clients, friends, etc.
I did have a regular reading pattern though. Read all the Harry Potters and John Grishams that crossed my eye. I read all the Twilights because my mom was awesome enough to send them to me. Poor David didn't know what had hit him! He met and married me in grad school where there was no time for pleasure reading. He had no idea what a bookworm I was. I have myself on a reading ban right now. I can only read my study materials. Oddly enough, that just makes me want to read more of everything! Even books that are on my shelf at work. In the long run, I'll have a room filled with books in my future home. I also want to have read all the books in that room. I think that my Amazon wishlist of books is the most extensive, followed shortly thereafter by music. (There is also a room in my mind lined with CD's although I am very soon giving in and just buying digital music.)
I have tried to reinforce myself by offering to buy myself a book a month from my list (usually I will read the book in a day or two) so I can get closer to who Holly is, but this will maybe be my gift for full licensure. Right now...I don't know when I would read. So much to do, but if Henley is going to like books for more than tearing and chewing, I need to expose her to reading more often. We shall see.
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









1 comment:
I've been reading A LOT lately! I don't think Andrew knew what hit him, either! haha I was just talking to my sister Amber about how I don't do anything when I start a book... just read.
She told me the Percy Jackson books were really good, and I'm starting those next. I'm on a book ban right now, too.
Maybe you could have a library like the one Beast gives Belle! Is that what you're going for? haha
Post a Comment