It has been a very busy few days. I'm jumping back on the studying for my tests bandwagon and trying to hold on, but it is not so easy after a long day of work. Right now half of my brain is numb because I suddenly have allergies and my left side of my head is confested. The other half (the right half) is all numb from the root canal that I had this morning. I am a zombie.
Of course, my 1:00 isn't going to show up because that is just what this family does. So very frustrating. I have been thinking for the past few weeks about making a very drastic change to my life and today I did it.
Facebook and I have been together since it was "thefacebook.com". I used it for its original purpose of connecting with classmates in your college classes that you only knew their face (get it? FACEbook). I could find people in my class, share notes, gather study groups, it was a very good tool. I have been out of school for two years and there is no longer even an option to put in your classes to see who shares your schedule anymore. I realized that it is just a time and productivity vacuum and the people who really are my "friends" are my friends in real life. You know, phone calls, e-mail, person to person, EVEN snail mail. Yes, it does exist!
I ended up getting very frustrated with 1) my seemingly neverending "need" to check it when there was absolutely nothing I cared about on it. 2) people that wanted to dig into my life and feign knowing what was going on or pretending to be as affected by an event as I was (or more) when they were less connected to the event and 3) people text messaging me about my status instead of actually putting it on facebook. I just became irritated.
Plus, there are more important things to do like be a mom, understand myself better, pass my tests, study the Gospel, etc. that facebook does not promote in any way, shape or form. I will go home after work and delete it from my bookmarks and that will be the end of it. Yes, I will still be curious about people and things that are going on in the lives of those close to me, but that's why I have so many other ways to contact people. So, farewell facebook and to those that had no idea how to contact me outside of facebook...we weren't really friends then, were we?
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









2 comments:
Boy, you are tough!
Wow! I've thought about doing it, but then when we found out we were moving, I decided to leave it. Way to go!
Post a Comment