Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Snail Mail & Friends

Yesterday I came home to find one piece of mail in our little mail "slot". I immediately notice it as a postcard and get all excited wondering who on earth would just drop a postcard in the mail. I think postcards are one of the long-forgotten art forms like writing letters and calligraphy. In any case, I pull the card out and it has writing in that glitter gel pen ink. My thoughts immediately turn to one of my nieces. Certainly no one else would send me a postcard with such decorative lettering.

I was wrong. It was a postcard from the hotel we stayed in this past weekend. We stayed one night up in Layton so we could see Andy & Rheanna (I don't think we took any pictures of them, again!). We had a blast hiking the Y, having Brick Oven pizza and homemade root beer as well as a Cold Stone Creamery chaser.

It was so great to see them and Andy suggested we "do this every month" and I invited them up for Henley's first birthday next month. (NEXT MONTH?!) I have a feeling they won't show, but a girl can dream.

I just thought it a nice touch to get a postcard to follow up on our stay and thank us for staying there. I'm a little sentimental about the hotel chain because that's where David & I stayed on our wedding night (not in Layton, of course) and, well, I remember these things. Either way, it was nice to see friends and nice to get mail that wasn't the regular mail that happens on a consistent basis. Maybe I'll see if I can subscribe to a magazine or two to give me something to read while David is reading his Popular Science and National Geographic. Then I'll be getting mail. :) That reminds me....I need to mail something.

No comments: