I think that I failed to mention that Henley took her first official steps on July 4th, Independence Day. I think she knew the significance of the day. She did take one independent step on June 1st (my mom's birthday), but showed no sign of making the leap until we were in Sunday School. We were in the back corner, attempting to be as un-disruptive as possible, when I was holding her hand to keep her from grabbing the papers from the woman in front of us. Henley let go, took four steps and reached her goal. Of course, nobody saw it, but it was exciting to me.
We went home and put her to work. "Walk to Daddy" and she would take five or six steps to David. Then "walk to Mommy" and she would turn and take the required steps. Each effort followed be applause. Since that day, she really doesn't want to walk unless it's her idea. She will "walk to Daddy" but that is all. Crawling is still faster (and less scary). Every once in a while, we'll catch her taking a few steps here and there, but she seems to be wanting to be coy about it.
I'm sure that one day soon I will come home and she will be tearing around the living room on only two feet and long for the days of crawling, but it's still exciting! We're only six weeks away from one year! Crazy, crazy, crazy!
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









No comments:
Post a Comment