Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Creative Juices...Check!

A week or so ago, my awesome sister-in-law, Ashley, was on Facebook talking about Nutella. (YUM!) I learned about the goodness of Nutella back in my high school German class and have been a fan ever since. Ashley's mention of it inspired me to create a recipe for a Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake and I decided to make it for David and my first 2nd anniversary on Sunday. (Can you believe it's been TWO years!?) It is Tuesday evening and it is already gone...I guess that means it was good. I do have proof through photos, so here we are:



THEN, I've been trying to find a way to un-drab our boring kitchen. As you can see, we have open shelving, white paint and white dishes. BORING!

So, I tracked down some Amy Butler gift wrap, cut it into the appropriate size and...

awesomeness follows! I'm quite excited to have a more colorful kitchen (took me long enough) and soon (before another two years pass) I'll have the curtains up and some semblance of a planned kitchen. :)

3 comments:

NanaBell said...

Awesome!

Lori said...

That looks great! I think I will copy you and do this in my Laudry/craft room!

hanneyjo said...

you MADE UP a recipe?! that's amazing. I don't think I could do that. And the cabinet looks great! Great jaerb!