Wednesday, while David was working on the car, I took the time to work on more Thank You cards from my shower. I had finished a few already, but the stack left was still pretty high. My problem is that I tend to get them all written, but never make it to the post office to mail them. It's true. If I looked, I'm pretty sure I would find a stack of fully-written-never-mailed thank you cards from the wedding. I'm guessing my mother is embarrassed to think that I didn't have every thank you card written and mailed within five seconds of receipt of the gift, but life got a little distracting.
Everything was in a box within days of the wedding and didn't get unpacked for six weeks. Then I was working full time, then I was pregnant and working full time, then I was a mom and working full time...the time never stops building, really. Is it totally tacky for me to dig out those old thank yous and mail them 18 months later? Mom? It's not that I didn't do the work or am not VERY grateful to all the generous people around wedding/graduation. I think there are a couple where I lack addresses and just feel silly asking now. Maybe it is true, better late than never, but I'm more of a fifteen minutes early kind of girl and how on earth can you predict what you are going to need to thank someone for?
I suppose I should just buckle down and mail them...now I just need to buy a couple books of stamps, fix the car, work the rest of the day, get to the post office when it's open...can you see why this never got done?
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









1 comment:
Better late than never!
Post a Comment