In another life I was a music fanatic. I used to thrive on new CDs and the various moods they were able to convey to me. My first concert was with Melody and some of her friends to see John Mayer long before anyone else in the world had ever heard of him. I have since been to six other John concerts and a few others as well. I don't know what it is, but new music is invigorating, or it used to be.
Up until the newest Michael Buble CD came out, I hadn't bought a CD since I'd gotten married. There were parts of it that I liked, but after a while the CD seemed flat and I was just fine not hearing it over and over again. Next week, the new John Mayer CD comes out. Another pre-order for me. I'm listening to the leak of it on Rhapsody.com right now and I'm undecided.
It makes me sad to feel so skeptical about someone I considered a very consistent and great artist, but I think we're both changing and I don't know that we want the same thing anymore. There are four songs I still have to listen to and only one of them am I slightly attached to. Sad day. I suppose it is good that he's not coming to Salt Lake and I have a real excuse to not go to his concert this year.
It is weird, letting this part of me go, the John Mayer concert a year part of Holly. I still like music, but so rarely am I exposed to new music and even rarer do I go to a place to purchase the CD. I don't even go through the effort of downloading music anymore. Part of that has been my loss of all my songs (and hours of organizing, rating, etc. on iTunes). The thought of actually doing that all again is just exhausting! I have started thanks to my early Christmas present of a new external hard drive. *yay* I just have to whittle away at it until the project is complete.
I still like CDs over digital media only, but there just isn't any room. I need some good music. Dashboard Confessional just came out with a new CD and I still don't have the Ben Folds Acappella CD, but who remembers that when there are bigger fish to fry. :P One day, I'll return to myself, but for now...it's on pause.
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









1 comment:
I'm kinda disappointed with John Mayer, too. "Who says I can't get stoned?" Really? I don't know... he's done better...
I only get to hear the crap that's on the pop station around here. Every once in awhile a good one appears but not very often.
I remember music fanatic Holly. Being a wife/mother changes a lot about us. :)
Post a Comment