I'm ignoring the fact that this is the 100th post because it seems like a silly 100th post, but in reality, all my posts are normal, everyday things, so why shouldn't the 100th?
In any case. My original supervisor at work applied for and was offered the job as our Clinical Director. This means he's been gone a lot more and some of his duties have fallen to another member of the staff. I admittedly was not thrilled about this change, but over the months I have been assured that he would be keeping the Children's Team. About a month ago our group supervision got handed off and I was told my individual supervision would also change.
At Harding, my supervision was superb. I was always being challenged and growing and becoming better. I enjoyed it very much, but it also brought a degree of anxiety. Bringing my tape into their office, my peers and professors watching me do my own impression of therapy, always brought a rapid heartbeat. I loved it and hated it at the same time. Toward the end, I knew supervision was a safe place where I would receive honest feedback and guidance.
Here, my supervision mostly consisted of logistics. Seeing clients, updating payments, case management, coordination, etc. and very little actual "listen to this scenario and help me" supervision. I was mourning the loss of this great opportunity and wondering if I was keeping myself sharp as a therapist. I met with my new supervisor today. He wants me to start tape recording my sessions. While I am excited to have that challenge again, I'm quite anxious about the change. About having someone hear me working and his perception of the kind of therapist I am. It is good because my work will improve merely because I know that someone will be hearing my sessions. Back to the love it/hate it relationship with supervision. Totally worth it though.
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









No comments:
Post a Comment