Monday, November 16, 2009

Finish Line

I don't really finish many things. I still have 10-15 thank you cards to send out. My first quilt took 12 years to finish. College took me 9 years. While living in Arkansas, I was six months away from LEAVING by the time I unpacked my last box to move there. Okay, maybe I DO finish things, but at my own pace.

Saturday we went to pick up the part for the car so David could fix it, but due to circumstances out of our control, we were unable to finish the project. The car broke down on October 23rd. October 23rd also happened to be Henley's two month date (and my longest/best friend's birthday). This means there was an entire gauntlet of immunizations she needed. That was a bit of a delay.

Saturday afternoon I started feeling it. Chills. Not good. Check my temperature and it was 98.8. Nothing too drastic, but considering my normal temp hovers around 97.1 I knew something was up. My eyes were burning, my head started hurting and I found myself trying to figure out how I was going to miss an entire week of work since I had the swine flu. I started research on breastfeeding while sick with the H1N1 and looking for symptoms in Henley hoping I wasn't finding them. By the end of the night I had a temperature of 100.6 and some less than comfortable gastrointestinal problems. Misery.

Sunday morning...nothing. Okay, my head hurt a little still, but all my efforts to register a temperature were in vain. I still felt quite hot, but really, nothing at all. Here I am, Monday without a symptom in the world. I can't even finish being sick. :P

Today, David walked over to the Health Department to get the immunizations done. I was in my staff meeting. I look at my phone and see that I've missed four calls from David. I knew something was up. The Health Department doesn't charge the insurance and he didn't know if there was enough in the bank to cover it (tomorrow is payday). I went over there to offer them the debit card from the other account, only to be rejected again. They don't take debit cards. By this point, he was so frustrated that I just took him home (love the work cars) and went back to work only to discover that there was plenty in our account to cover the check in my purse. :P

Just one more thing to finish. Maybe before she's four months? We'll see.

No comments: