The thing about the circumstances in my life right now is that they are not ideal. I'm the working stiff and my husband is the "house husband". Because of this, I take very few opportunities to actually do "wife" things. Yes, I'm the wife, but up until a few months ago...I drove the car everywhere (it was my car after all), he did most of the cooking and cleaning (gratefully) and I was getting a pretty good feeling of the pressure he will feel when we trade places.
I have this plan of the kind of wife I will be when I get to be a wife. It is quite bothersome to know that I'm not that kind of wife yet and that the fact that I work interferes with my potential to be the "wife". I'm pretty traditional in that mindset.
This weekend was great because I got to be the wife. He was working on his projects and I did wife-y things like stuff in the kitchen and cooking meals and all that jazz. The thing is, it's not just that it's a wife thing, it's something I enjoy. It is something about Holly that makes me really feel like myself. Not being able to do that makes me feel a little lost. It was so great to be a wife this weekend. Amazingly enough, being a wife makes me appreciate the husband in my life. :) He really is great!
If only every weekend were as fulfilling as this past one. I would handle life's mountains as though they were speed bumps. It all takes work though, work well worth it.
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









No comments:
Post a Comment