I failed to mention that the wonderful swamp cooler decided to stop working the night of the "campout" so it was a little realistic. David called the landlord about it which is huge because he doesn't get hot, he gets cold, so if he's suffering, it's a problem.
This time the maintenance guy came to the door and explained to us the mechanics of swamp coolers to help us utilize it a little better. He also explained that because of the "humidity" that has recently come through, they are less effective. Yesterday, according to the guy, the temperature was somewhere in the 100s and the humidity was present, but I'm sure not by much. It was still noticeable after the fact though. (Today it's at 16% humidity.)
All you southerners that are accustomed to daily stickiness as soon as you exit the shower and lasting throughout the day...yesterday was the first day I felt that since returning to Utah from the South. Everyone has been warning me about the "hot" Moab summers, yesterday was easy compared to what I'm sure it feels like in Alabama or Arkansas. Silly whimps, haha. :)
Today is our 11-monthiversary. It's gone by quite fast! Everyone says the first year is the hardest and I feel very blessed that the "hard" parts were not as hard as the ones for which I was bracing myself. Hopefully I'm not jinxing the last month by saying that, haha. David is exactly the person I knew him to be when I decided to marry him and I hope that some of the doubters are a little less worried by now. Life is going to be fun with him next to me. :)
In other news, the border went on the baby quilt last night and I'll likely start (if not finish) quilting it this weekend. Much faster than I expected. Now, I just have to figure out how to do the diagonal binding mom was talking about. I think I have it figured, but we'll see. It's turning out bigger than a "baby" quilt (72"x51"), but she'll get to use it into her toddlerhood and maybe even keep it as a blanket for a long time after.
Other than these small news...I would like nothing more than to sleep right now. I think a good after-dinner walk will wake me up.
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









No comments:
Post a Comment