After this morning, I was completed resigned to the fact that bad news comes in threes and I've been, unknowingly, waiting for the other shoe to fall. This contributed to extra excitement and joy when I was sitting in supervision today.
This morning I was looking at all the requirements for licensure (i.e. the three tests I have to take) and wondering if I would be able to study on "work" time. I brought this up to my supervisor and he reminded me that I'm an exempt employee. This means that I get no overtime, but as long as I get my monthly quota of hours and all paperwork completed I don't have to be at work.
For those of you that recall...I have no maternity leave. The alternative that David and I arrived upon was that I would use my vacation until it was gone and then work "part time" for two months. To me, part time meant working 25 hours a week although that hasn't been completely specified at this time. My current monthly quota is 100 hours of direct service. SO, if I really do get my hours (25 a week) then I'm not working part time at all! Now I just have to figure out a method for making sure all my scheduled clients show up.
This is good for many reasons. We have been getting extra money taken out of my check to pay for the insurance for the two months that I'm part time. If I'm not really part time that means I get all that money BACK! Throw in to that pile all the money that we've been setting aside to compensate for the change in income for those couple of months and we've got about $3,000 saved without even knowing it! I'm completely excited about this!
David, of course, is being a realist today and not really expecting this to happen, but if I work hard and get it done...I would still be just working "part time" and getting to keep my money. Also, I can work "part time" all the time, which is so preferrable when the baby comes!
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









No comments:
Post a Comment