Monday, May 18, 2009

Putting the pieces together.

Well, the pictures haven't been put on the computer from our trip and most of them are from the window of the airplane. (David likes those pictures.) We were seriously slacking in the area of taking pictures at every place we went, but a list of things we should have pictures of:

~David, friends and family at the Salt Lake Temple
~missing our plane and the subsequent red-eye to Birmingham
~Lunch with friends and family Sunday afternoon following a short (too short) nap.
~Visit to Madison and new glasses on their way *woot*
~Hanging out with Dad, Mary Sue, Anna, and Nanny before leaving for Arkansas
~Dinner with the Berkheimers (our old Stake President and the guy who married us!)
~Hanging out with David's family playing Wii pretty much non-stop. (They played, I watched.)
~Good Chinese food, finally!
~Stopping by Harding campus so I could see my old supervisors and some friends.
~Mexican food with Meredith and Nathan (this is when Meredith tried to lock the keys in the car with the engine running).
~The Vulcan with Meredith where David wouldn't get off of the elevator for too long.
~Sealing!!!!! at the Birmingham Temple with friends and family.
~Dinner with everyone afterwards
~Flying home after a long trip.

Things you will not see in the non-existent pictures:

~How seriously hot and miserable I remembered the South to be.
~Mom raving over every project in her sewing room.
~The look on David's face when asked his opinion on fabrics for the baby quilt, haha.
~Relief in getting to sleep in our own bed once again!
~The bags that were sitting in our hallway until yesterday because I didn't have time until yesterday.
~The appreciation to all family and friends willing to squeeze into our schedule so we could see them all.

Then this past weekend we were fortunate to have Elder Quentin L. Cook come for our Stake Conference and reorganize our stake presidency. Last night I learned that I seriously botched up my current quilt and will have to make some adjustments to make it work. I was completely devastated until David swooped in, calmed me, and helped me figure out a possible and much less overwhelming solution. We also had our last Temple Preparation class (the follow up lesson) and now have our Sunday evenings back. AND I finally got a Visiting Teaching assignment, let's just hope my companion is as enthusiastic as I am about meeting ward members.

No comments: