In happier news, I just wanted to give a little plug to Fabric.com. Out of necessity, I needed a place to buy fabric that wasn't ALL $9/yd. I found Fabric.com through Amazon.com because they sell through Amazon and I started just going right to the source. I have spent...enough ... on Fabric.com to have been pretty familiar with the site.
Last week, mom sent me a link to another website that had a "wide selection" at "reasonable prices". I just so happened to be working on choosing fabric for #6 so David and I went to the site. Browsing was a pain as I opened each fabric I liked in a separate tab so I could remember it to look back at. There were some beautiful fabrics at "reasonable prices" but I was already a loyal customer to Fabric.com without knowing it.
The thing that sells it to me is the Design Wall feature. You can add a fabric to the Design Wall and see them next to each other to compare how they really will look next to each other. There is no juggling between tabs to attempt to compare hues and tones of color. As I was perusing the site again today I learned even more awesome facts about the site. Every yard you really get 37" instead of 36". There is a Frequent Shopper program that is automatically calculated every time you make a purchase that earns you points for gift certificates/discounts. They have what seems like daily deals and discounts on something. Free shipping if you spend over $35 (most of my purchases). The colors on the fabrics are very accurate and you get exactly what it looks like on the page.
This is an awesome company that has great prices on lots of variety of fabric and crafting needs. If you are like me in the middle of nowhere with few options or if you are pressed for time and don't want to drag your three kids to the fabric store and are already spending the money, spend a little time online and pick out the fabrics during nap time. The least desirable part is that the shipping takes about 10 days if it is free, but you know, beggars can't be choosers. You have the option to pay for faster shipping, I'm just cheap (and giving myself time to finish the current project before moving to the next).
Check it out. You may be pleasantly surprised. :)
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









2 comments:
Just what I need is an easier way to add to my stash!
Some days, after working with drug abusing kids, I forget that "stash" means more than one thing. :)
Post a Comment