There are times in life when one's intuition is champion. When the celebration of true prediction satisfies the soul. There are other times in which...we wish we were wrong.
Yesterday I got some news. I was right. And I felt terrible for being right (with a hint of validation). Almost two years ago I did an assessment with a teenage boy who was living with a friend's parents. A few weeks later he called me from the school reporting that he had been kicked out and his parents didn't want him. It was a hard day, to say the least, and I made some snap judgments in believing that his mother didn't want him and it really upset his mother (as it would any mother, I would hope). I apologized and the boy was sent away to live with his dad soon after.
Yesterday I learned that he was back in the community and had in fact been abandoned by his mother. My heart breaks for him and I wish so desperately that I had been wrong about his mother two years ago, but realize now that I was picking up on something even she may not have been aware that was brewing.
If only all people (especially kids) were as loved as they deserved to be.
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









No comments:
Post a Comment