Last weekend, David, Henley and I went to the Moab Public Library for the first time. We learned about a weekly story time at the library and David plans to start taking her tomorrow. I have known for a long time that reading to your child is important, but I my library is limited when it comes to things like that.
We have about six children's books that we've gotten as gifts, but we haven't purchased any. I wanted to read an actual book to her that wasn't going to be over in five minutes. Sure, you're supposed to pander to her developmental level, but I get bored with some of those books (sorry kids). Last night David was trying to rest after a rather stressful day so I gave her a bath and looked at my bookshelf to see which books might be appropriate to read to her. I don't have many fiction. I think Edgar Allan Poe is out for now. A little too gloomy for a baby. A book with prose in it is again, too short. I had forgotten about the great nursery rhyme book from Nanny, but it's rather cumbersome and large to hold on my lap with Henley as well.
I finally spotted it! The Secret Garden. I received the book from Nanny when I lived with her and read it often. It's the perfect story for a little girl (at least I think so). We only got through about three pages, but they're full pages. She was so quiet and content just sitting on my lap listening. I think we have a new bedtime routine!
I'd love to hear other book suggestions. One day I'll get my old favorite "Three Billy Goats Gruff" but that will have to wait for another day.
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









No comments:
Post a Comment