As part of our money-saving habits, our family draws names for Christmas. It's become a great way to not spend over $300 buying everyone $20 presents. We have a limit and rules and all that jazz. I found out who the lucky person was this year, used some elves to investigate the wish list and then opted for a Pampered Chef gift certificate. I didn't know if there was a consultant in Moab or not so I just went online.
I quickly received a confirmation e-mail with the contact information for my "local" consultant. I didn't know if they were sending it to me or to my sister because I provided both addresses. After a few weeks of not getting it, I figured it went to my sister. After a phone conversation with my sister I learned she didn't get it. I think that was about a month ago.
I promised to dig up the old e-mail (thank goodness for not deleting e-mails) and follow up. I'm on my computer at home about ten minutes a week, so I had to really remember the next time I was on. Finally I called the lady yesterday and she said there was a wait if you called of nine hours. Now, I don't know who has time to sit on hold for nine hours, but I certainly don't. She agreed to call and call me back when she heard back.
This morning she called, made apologies on behalf of Pampered Chef, said the gift certificate was on its way, etc. Then she proceeds to tell me how she is located in Grand Junction (about 1 1/2 hours away) and is the closest consultant. She goes through her little spiel and tries to encourage me to become the Moab consultant.
Now, there are many reasons to NOT do this. Time being the primary one. My next concern is creation of dual relationships with clients (or rather parents of clients). When I ran it by David, I don't know what I expected, but I almost sold him on the idea too! We might just be persuaded. Extra money is nice. If I did two shows a week, that would cover my monthly student loan obligations that start next month. It would be nice to not feel that so much. In any case, I might just be convinced. Plus, who am I to turn down almost $600 worth of free Pampered Chef stuff?!
Nobody! I suppose we'll see what happens.
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









4 comments:
I love Pampered Chef. I have an unbelievable amount of stuff. Good luck on the g/c, I hope it comes soon.
I wasn't sure if you just liked it or if you were a consultant. :) I don't want to be stepping on any toes. ;)
I love Pampered Chef! And $600 free stuff? How does that work?! The thing is, I don't think you have a long commitment with them if you change your mind in a month? Or do you? With your baking experience it just might be a fun outlet for you.
Well, when you pay the consulting fee ($155) you get $500 of stuff so I guess only $345 of it is free but there is a special deal where you get an extra $100 within a certain period of time to sign up. David is actually thinking of doing it as well. It may be fun.
Post a Comment