Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sick As A Dog

Beginning on Monday of last week, there have been family crises everywhere at work. Most of these have been with my clients. Maybe it is the Spring that brings everyone out of their shells, but I'm not sure I like it. As a result, I've been super stressed and feeling rather burning the candle at both ends in spite of just having one place to burn the candle.

I was less than surprised to wake on Monday with a slight tickle in my throat. Usually when this happens I follow previous physician instruction to basically OD on vitamin C, iron, and Aleve. Of course, I couldn't do that because everyone has successfully convinced me that Tylenol is the only option as far as medication. Aleve is the only thing that ever did anything for me before and Tylenol is like eating low-fat-soy-frozen-yogurt instead of the loaded ice cream with all the fixin's. Doesn't really do the trick.

By the time I got up this morning, I was resolved to call the doctor and find out what, if any, options I had in regard to medication. I got the answering service and when I hadn't gotten a call back in two hours, I called again. The great thing about my doctor is that when I call (at least the past two times) and say "hey, what about this?" they say "come now". Maybe I'm just lucky, but I like that it's so easy. Usually I end up calling when I have time and it just works out. Today they were nice enough to give me a Z-Pack. We'll see how it works. Right now, it seems like nothing is different. It better kick in soon because I'm not thrilled about being sick on a 3-day weekend!

In any case, that's my excuse for my lazy blogging as of late. I'm busy at work (I might actually get my 100 hours this month!) and sick when I'm at home. David likes it when I'm sick because he gets to take care of me. Yeah, it sounds a bit twisted, but I like him to take care of me too, so I suppose I'll just be sick for now and enjoy the pampering.

No comments: