Friday, January 30, 2009

Surprise visit!

Here I was, sitting at my desk at work, appropriately procrastinating all the work that I should be doing when I glanced at my phone and saw I was getting a call from a 205 number that I recognized. I answer and hear my Aunt Anne's voice saying "we're on Main Street, we want to stop and give you a hug!"

It took me a minute to register and then I quickly gave directions to my aunt and cousin to my work so I could take a minute and see them as they are literally passing through Moab. A short tour of my work and back on the road.

It was fun to see them, although it felt odd with my two worlds colliding. We wish they had more time to hang out, but we know how the weather can be and how long that drive to Birmingham can be. So, those of you looking for a report, they made it to Moab safe and are on their way home. :)

1 comment:

NanaBell said...

What fun! I was almost as surprised as you when Anne called and said, "We're in Moab. Can you give me Holly's number?" I'm glad y'all got to have a short visit. I guess you're not really at "the jumping off place to the end of the earth" after all (which is what I keep telling people).