Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Paranoid Android

There is this interesting thing about being pregnant that I haven't really heard about before. Paranoia.

I walk to work. One time (pre-pregnancy) I was walking to work and a car almost hit me in the crosswalk. Yes, the little man said it was okay. I was a little scared, but mostly irritated. Nothing to it, right?

So, now, I'm all over the place freaking out. Walking to or from work, getting hit by a car. There's hardly any ice anywhere anymore...but if I slip... Driving around town (which isn't often). Parking on Main Street and possibly getting struck as I'm getting out of my car (I always look twice, if not more).

Today, I was driving the work car to transport a client. The driver's side rear-view mirror is messed up. Completely freaked me out! Of course, I hid it well from the client and my case manager, but man, I was really worried!

I'm not sure if it's just the hazards of life being magnified due to my pregnancy or what, but I'm sure it's not good to be more stressed out. I suppose maybe telling people early has its downfalls. I do worry about something happening and having to UNtell everyone. I suppose I still don't think it's real.

In a week I'll have an ultrasound and proof!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Moon said...

I didn't realize you had a blog until I checked my "followers" list. I just read a few of your posts and I really liked them. I especially liked the one about Christmas presents. I'm so excited about your little one on the way. Being a parent is so amazing. Love you!