Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's About Time

Since I was the last one that posted on our family blog I decided it was about time to create a "Long Family" blog. David was asking about the Woods family blog the other day so it's just a matter of time before he gets sucked into the blogging world.

We've been hanging out in Utah for almost three weeks with little luck regarding employment. Scratch that, David has been working through a staffing agency, I've just been really unfortunate in my quest for employment.

This week I started out with one interview and ended up with two. The thing is, on paper, I'm not all that wonderful, but I interview well. It's just getting the interview that is difficult. Tuesday I drove to Bountiful on my own (David was working) and interviewed and was offered a job that I am completely overqualified for. It was a little scary when he said that I could expect to be verbally and/or physically abused on a daily basis, but I can handle it. :) David was less than thrilled at the prospect of me working with a bunch of adolescent boys with a...record.

Wednesday was set for an interview in Moab. Moab is about four hours from Salt Lake (where we're now staying). David was scheduled to work so I was only marginally excited about the long round trip ahead of me. Tuesday evening when I picked him up, his job told him they didn't need him back until Friday which made me really happy.

We got up VERY early and started down the road. The very long road. We arrived in Moab about half an hour before my interview was set. I can't really describe the emotions I was having before I even interviewed, but I wasn't worried about whether or not I would get the job because I knew we were in the right place. Within an hour they had offered me the job (contingent upon my eligibilty for licensure, a backround check, a TB test and a drug test).

We're really excited in spite of the fact that the closest Wal-Mart is in Colorado. David feels good about the town too. It has a population of about 5,000 and we'll probably end up renting a house because I saw no apartment buildings at all (one set of townhomes to rent).

It'll be great because they pay for my supervision and they have tuition reimbursement (and pretty highly rated too). We're excited to have found a job, a place we like, and a way to quickly get out of debt. We have definitely been blessed by Heavenly Father. Thanks to all for your prayers and concerns. :)

1 comment:

Rheanna said...

Yeah!! I am the first to post on your new blog. Congrats on everything! I am so excited for you guys...I can't wait to talk to you and hear more about it all. Love you tons!!!