Oftentimes, I work to train myself to look at life and events through a different lens. In the beginning it was certainly difficult and on stressful days it remains difficult, but other days, a small moment makes me appreciate the things I do and don't have.
A couple weeks ago I picked Henley up from daycare and took her home. I think it was David's first day of class, so he wasn't home. On that particular day I happened to have a very full bladder and went directly to the potty. Henley followed shortly behind me and noticed a bruise on my leg (I run into desks and chairs all the time, oh, I also have a toddler that kicks and has pointy elbows). She pointed at it and said "what happened, mama?" Before that moment, I didn't even know that I had a bruise!
For some reason, my mind went on a tour of another life. Another life in which a mother had been beaten by the father and a child would ask the same question. I became overwhelmed with gratitude that I will never be in that position in my life. At no point will I ever have a bruise because someone decided to express their anger toward me in a violent way, at least, not with my husband. I am quite spoiled with nightly back scratches and infrequent, although thorough, pedicures from David. While I don't have everything in life, some of everything is just fine with me!
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









No comments:
Post a Comment