I have 20 minutes until court, so I'm crunching in a post while I have a minute.
Things have been super busy around here. I'm working on getting staff evaluations done at work. I'm realizing that it is very difficult to be honest in my opinion of my staff when I have to then sit down and tell them why I scored them the way I did. My supervisor is supposed to do them with me, but has entrusted me to do them on my own and review them when we meet next week. Oy!
Things at work continue to be new and exciting and busy. Last week I went to Park City for a couple days for the Utah Drug Court Conference. It was very interesting to attend with the Judge, attorneys, tracker and other members of our team that I don't get to see outside of the courthouse very often. Also, some really great experiences learning more about addiction. I forgot how much I loved conferences, but the sleepless nights were pretty good indicators of how much I missed David & Henley!
The week previous we all traveled up to Salt Lake city to attend our friend Ian's wedding celebrations. It was a great visit and we were able to stop by Draper and take pictures of our house that we will build and/or buy one day. I'll post those when I have a way to post them. :P Poor David got sick the day of the wedding so we missed a couple of things, but it was still nice to have a couple days off of work and enjoy David's fall break with school.
When I got home from Park City, it seemed that Henley had learned another level of vocabulary and was able to say things like "I luh yu mama" and "tha yu mama". She is precious every day and just a joy to be around.
David is enjoying school, but trudging through the last few weeks working to maintain those awesome A's that I never got in college (well, undergrad). He has also started mentoring a young man (I think he's 12 or 13) through the Moab Valley Multicultural Center. He really seems to enjoy it and the Center is trying to rope him into more days and more involvement. :) They must like him, but who can blame them?
In crafting news, I've bought the fabric for two baby quilts, but haven't made the first cut yet. Still planning in my mind and waiting for that extra hour to use it as best I can. Maybe this weekend?
David's (30th) birthday is Wednesday next week and then we'll start gearing up and/or thinking about what the holidays have in store. All I know right now is that I'm not on call any of the holidays and that is a first since being here. *whew* Also, we hired a new employee finally to replace the one I fired in August. He doesn't start until December, but we are glad at the emotional relief that created knowing help will be here soon.
I think that's the best update I can give you guys right now. Pictures will follow, I promise.
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









No comments:
Post a Comment