Today is one of those days in history that provide a bit of perspective in life. Personally, I think everyone should have a couple of days in their year that genuinely bring them back to reality and drive them to reassess their current situation, what they are spending their time on, where they are spending their money and energy, and who is in their life to lift them and help. These days allow you to reflect on who was there to support you (and still is). Reminding you to be grateful for others and the sacrifices they make on your behalf, as human as we are.
A couple of days ago I was writing in my journal (apparently a rarity these days) and two entries previous I talked of a friend of mine named Angela who took my laundry and washed it for me last October. Life was hectic and she, in every instance, serves and lifts where she stands. That day and during those days, she was a hero to me. It just so happened that I read that entry the day before she moved back to town. So glad they're back.
There are others. My friend Johanna who went to my nephew's funeral because she knows what it is like to lose a family member. My longest friend Rheanna who listened to countless hours of emotionality since age 11. My sisters who jump in fountains, go to concerts, stay up late, spend time with and guide me even from a seemingly million miles away. My Nanny who is powerful and strong beyond description, in my eyes. Mom who is unwavering in the areas that matter. Fawn who willingly sacrifices a few minutes of peace & quiet on Fridays for lunch together.
Friends, family, leaders, teachers, professors, colleagues that are pieces of who I am and contribute to days such as this. I know I am not the only one in the world with hard days, but they seem to improve knowing and remembering that there is support surrounding me from all sides.
Daycare is closed today, so Henley and David get a daddy/daughter day. Anyway, I came home for lunch and Henley ran to me and gave me a hug, literally knocking me down on the floor. I sat there and she kept running down the hall to give me a hug and a kiss and then running away just to come back and do it again. I promise that she is so aware and knows that princess snuggles heal everything. <3
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









1 comment:
Holly, you are so cool. I'm so glad I crashed you and Fawn's lunch date last week. I need to do that more often! I'm pretty sure I look to up to you in like 1 million ways. Not even kidding.
Post a Comment